Health Care Without Walls provides compassionate and comprehensive gender-specific health care and care coordination to homeless and poor women and families on-site in 7 Boston area shelters. Personalized and tender care is delivered free of charge by teams of volunteer physicians supported by dedicated nurses. Our clients range from 1 day old to women in their nineties, all bound by the common need for human kindness given without red tape, bureaucratic hurdles, or stigmatization.
- Core Program—Doctors and nurses provide walk-in care, diagnostic tests, chronic disease and case management, referrals, education and counseling at all participating adult women’s shelters.
- Medical Home Without Walls—Primary care and care coordination for over 65 year old women with hospital partnerships contracted through an Accountable Care Organization.
- Family Shelter Services—Doctors and nurses provide walk-in care, care coordination, referrals, developmental assessments and parenting education at participating family shelters.
- Medical Education and Mentoring Program—HCWW is a host site for community service electives for medical and nursing students, pre-meds, medical residents, and students of other allied health professions using a Curriculum that we created and published.
- Research and Metrics—HCWW tracks and reports our clinical outcomes and milestone events, presenting our data at national and international conferences.
- Care Coordination Consultation—HCWW assists medical facilities with discharge planning.